Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rebuild me Lord

My devotional this morning was one of my favorite chapters in Isaiah! Listen to the Lord's heart here...

"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my promise of peace shall not be removed. O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in metal, and lay your foundations with saphires. I will make your pinnacles of jasper and your gates of crystal, and all your walls of precious stones! In righteousness you will be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you! This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord..." Isaiah 54:10-17



We have all been through tramatic events or storms in our lives, but here the Lord says that when you are servant of Him, He takes those events that tear our walls down and He rebuilds our walls with the most precious stones! He tears down walls of shame, pain, bitterness, hurt, and anxiety and He rebuilds them with the very most valuable of material, trust, joy, peace, and love! When I first gave my life to the Lord, He had ALOT of rebuilding to do in my heart! Through much work and many, many storms, He truly has laid a strong foundation in my heart of deep, deep, love and trust for Him. 

Life with Jesus is an amazing adventure and He leads us to wholeness!

 He knows what we need, just cling to Him. He is always faithful! You will come out on the other side with a beautiful, strong, faithful foundation! The beauty of the Lord is that we can come to Him just as we are broken and bruised, but He loves us way to much to leave us that way... Let Him rebuild you...

"He drew me out of the pit of destruction and set my feet upon a rock, He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God!" Psalm 40:2-3

No comments: